Thanks to all for Participating
Gran Fondo NJ 2014 is now in the books. By all accounts it was a pretty amazing day. 2,000 participants, over 133,000 miles ridden, over 11,000,000 feet of elevation gained and over 6,000,000 calories burned.
If you rode (and even if you didn't) make sure you check out our photo server (Click on the 2014 PHOTOS button to the right), and you can download for free photos from the event.
- Register before August 22nd and be eligible to win a cycling vacation in Tuscany courtesy of VBT - Vermont Bike & Walking Vacations (Airfare included).
- In 2012 we were one of, if not the first Gran Fondo in North America to introduce the "Breve" length, opening up the Gran Fondo experience to all levels of cyclists.
- We introduced a "Team Category" in which you not only get a discount for riding as part of a Team, but the Team Captain can ride the event for free depending on the size of the team registered.
- This year we are adding a Women's Team Category in the QoM competitions.
- We have been managing our event on the principles of sustainability and in 2014, are the first Gran Fondo in North America to apply for certification of the event through the Council for Responsible Sport.
- The popular Kid's Fondo will be back (September 6th) bigger and better than ever.
A Celebration of Cycling
Gran Fondo NJ is back for its fourth year. We offer challenges to cyclists of all abilities, from our 107 mile Gran Fondo route with more climbing than you could ask for (and great rest stops too) to our 18 Mile Breve route. Our goal is for you to have fun, be challenged, and never have to look at a cue sheet during your ride. Each of our 6 rest stops is stocked with the usual fare you would expect on a challenging ride, and featured treats that will surprise you. With timing only on the hill climbs, we offer a serious athletic challenge for our competitive participants, with the ability to wait at the tops of the climbs for others in your group without worrying about "losing time".
A surprise to many, Gran Fondo NJ offers some of the most beautiful and challenging cycling terrain in the east. Our 62-mile Medio route was named by the editors of Bicycling Magazine to their list of "The 50 Best Rides in America."
Gran Fondo NJ continues to lead the way in introducing innovations to improve the Gran Fondo experience for cyclists of all abilities.
Gran Fondo NJ is going "Green Fondo"
Gran Fondo NJ has taken a leadership position in the Gran Fondo Format in applying the principles of Sustainability in delivering a green event. For 2014, we have applied for certification of the event by the Council for Responsible Sports.
Come and ride one of our Four Fantastic Routes
The Day-of Routes for Gran Fondo NJ 2014 can be found below. Downloading them to your GPS device is easy! Just click on the route you want and follow the directions on the RideWithGPS website.
Giving back to our Community.
One of the missions of Gran Fondo NJ is "giving back to our community". In its first three years the event has raised over $400,000 in funds going directly to charitable organizations. These organizations use Gran Fondo NJ as a means to both raise awareness for their causes, and to generate much needed funds. If you fundraise, you may find it very motivating as you slug out the last 20 miles of the ride to know that you are doing so for a cause. Please check out our five beneficiaries, or fundraise for one of your own.